Applications have closed
This listing has expired.
Role Definition: To manage and co-ordinate the purchase of plant and
Core Responsibilities :
- Negotiating for the best possible terms for the provision of materials and plant.
- Sourcing of new products and new and improved suppliers.
- The constant maintenance and update of a register of material suppliers
- Obtaining quotations and placing of orders to achieve the best possible value for the site within the parameters of budget specifications and programme.
- To agree levels of specification rebate where specified and ensure that the appropriate system for claiming is in place.
- To liaise with the Accounts Department to ensure correct invoicing and costings.
- To advise other departments of current prices and terms.
- To set and monitor standards of performance and to address any issues of sub-standard supplier performances ensuring that the appropriate lessons are learnt and actions are taken to prevent a reoccurrence.
Performance Measures :
- Materials delivered on time and in accordance with specification.
- To liaise closely with other departments on all information pertaining to buying.