Job Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager to join our established Wates Residential team in Cardiff.
You will join the project team working on a ten year, multi million pound projects with Cardiff City Council, building 1,500 homes around Cardiff. The scheme is aimed at tackling growing demand for affordable housing in the city and will comprise about 600 council homes as well as properties for sale on the open market.
Key Accountabilities will also include:
- Review design drawings for build-ability and co-ordination. Raise RFI where appropriate
- Manage the flow of sub-contractors design information as delegated by the Project Manager to suit the programme of works on site
- Input into risk/opportunities register, and implement actions to mitigate risks and maximise opportunities
- Support the Project Manager and or Design Manager to produce and monitor the MIRS
- Agree sub-contractors long term and short term programme and monitor performance against these programmes
- Monitor and understand position against contract programme, agree recovery programmes with the Project Manager
We are looking for a qualified and competent Site Manager with experience on residential construction projects in excess of £20m.
To be successful in the role you will be an effective communicator with a positive and engaging approach when supporting and working with the business.
A bit about us:
Wates Group is one of the largest and most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK.
Wates Residential is responding to the needs of its customers by developing mixed tenure housing schemes in partnership with both public and private sector organisations. Our business covers new-build and partnership housing development activities, reaffirming our long-term commitment to deliver more and better homes; helping to tackle the UK's urgent need for new housing.
As a progressive and rewarding business we offer our people the opportunity to grow their careers whilst working together to deliver the promises we make to our customers.
Our company values of integrity, intelligence, performance, teamwork and respect for people, communities and the environment run through our business at every level and are at the heart of everything we do.
The wellbeing and safety of our people is our priority, therefore creating a zero harm culture and encouraging a healthy work-life balance is important to us. Wates Group are a responsible and inclusive employer and are proud to have been recognized for this through accolades including C2E (Committed to Equality) and Investors in People (Gold).