Becoming an Area Facilities Manager with Capita
Are you a facilities management professional looking for a new opportunity? Capita are reshaping their facilities management function and have an opportunity for an area facilities manager to cover a portfolio of sites in the north east, predominantly based in the Leeds area.
About the role
Reporting to the Regional Facilities Manager this role will involve the overall responsibility and management of facilities. You will be responsible for the delivery of QSM requirements and SLA's with our service providers.
Having full responsibility for your properties the role will also include customer services, data management, business continuity and reporting, Project Management and adherence to national standards frameworks such as ISO requirements
What you will do:
- Manage the FM service providers in your area
- Be the point of contact for all your sites in relation to facilities matters
- Support Capita's overall business strategy assisting in the delivery and implementation of the strategic targets and aspirations of the business in relation to FM
- Carry out day to day FM responsibilities with due regard to Capita's internal policies and treat colleagues with respect and dignity at all times
- Ensure that efficient data is captured as directed by the Head of Facilities
- Work with your Regional Manager to identify capex investment using the forward maintenance planner and writing up the supporting business case
Your experience will include:
- A sound educational grounding and or a vocational qualification in Facilities Management or similar and related field
- Proven experience of having worked in a management position at a junior level in relation to FM being able to provide evidence of the experience and skill sets necessary to lead, support and manage an operational FM team and their staff responsible for service delivery across a large property portfolio
- Experience in the delivery of projects
- Ability to provide examples of commercial awareness in relation to supplier contracts
- Experience in client relationship management with the ability to provide examples of communicating proficiently at the relevant level
- Capability to contribute meaningfully to reports concerning FM and or related matters
- Full driving license as travel across sites is essential for this role
Capita is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customer's needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 25 day's holiday (rising to 27), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact John Byrne () for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.