Lendlease are currently recruiting an Assistant Design Manager from either an Architectural or Civil Engineering background to support a major project which will be in the Leicester area. Initially you will be based in our Birmingham office then will move to site in early 2020. Your role will be to contribute to engineering activities, complete technical design assignments, and provide technical assistance to support the delivery of engineering projects in accordance with organisational policies, processes, standards and requirements.
- Contribute to engineering assignments which may include undertaking site inspections and relevant research to support engineering strategies and policies, and / or may include design, procurement and or performing and collating surveys, to implement and support engineering solutions and contribute to achievement of client requirements.
- May also include contributing to aspects and/or phases of design processes and identifying potential issues for the attention of senior staff, and / or prepare technical and/or structural drawings as directed which may involve utilising contemporary Computer Aided Design (CAD) software technology.
- Provide technical assistance and perform administrative and logistical activities, which may include undertaking analysis and preparing plans and reports to support environmental engineering operations and decision making and / or engineering projects.
- Monitor systems, procedures and equipment to ensure safe engineering practices that are in accordance with the project time and cost, and organisational and legislative standards and requirements.
- May perform routine design engineering duties and tasks, under supervision, which may involve undertaking research and developing preliminary drawings.
- Contribute to the preparation of design schedules and the implementation of effective document control as directed, ensuring alignment with company procedures and compliance with applicable standards.
- Contribute to the production of related documentation and schedules at every stage of project development as directed, and contribute to the preparation and production of client presentation material in accordance with established design guidelines and company procedures;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering or architectural and/or technical design related discipline, combined with a demonstrable intermediate level of role knowledge.
- Will have experience in using technical design tools and/or software packages which may include Computer Aided Design (CAD) software and drafting techniques, Autodesk Architectural Desktop, word-processing and spreadsheet packages, and or/basic knowledge of Construction and Property Development industries, and/or basic knowledge of general building design and construction principles.
- Knowledge of accounting, estimating, scheduling, contracts administration, procurement, financial controls and reporting.
- May have specialised engineering skills, competent in principles, guidelines and developments, including laws and regulations.
- Problem solving, technical and analytical skills to support the implementation of organisational policies, procedures and programs and project engineering operations, and written and verbal communication skills to maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Interpersonal Ability, Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking, Technology and Process, Verbal Communication, Written Communication.