Applications have closed
This listing has expired.City, Glasgow Mears Mears Housing Management is a successful business within Mears Group PLC, having grown in 5 years to a nationally based management business with 12,000 homes and contracts with 50 Local Authorities and Central Government. We house many people in housing need who would otherwise be living in costly and inappropriate accommodation and as such we have a strong social pursue in everything we do. Our red thread runs through everything we do and we want people who share our values to help us continue to deliver customer focused services and innovatively push the boundaries of the sector. We empower our people to lead by example, taking ownership and responsibility to work to the best of their abilities and effectively collaborate with colleagues and partners to exceed the expectations of both clients and customers. We are proud of the services we provide and with ambitious plans to continue this rapid growth, we are looking for an Initial Accommodation Manager to join our team at our Service Hub in Glasgow. This is a great opportunity within our Housing Management business, following the success of the Asylum Accommodation and Support Contract win. The role of Dispersed Accommodation Manager manages and supports the front line delivery to our service users who may potentially be vulnerable or have a special housing need. Your role is to manage the service of providing a home and support services for the entire life cycle from nomination through to move out and re-letting of the property. You will partner and collaborative work with colleagues, external agencies, third parties and charitable organisations to support community cohesion targets As Dispersed Accommodation Manager, you will be responsible for -
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of the dispersed accommodation service within your assigned region.
- Lead, manage, motivate and support staff to deliver contractual requirements.
- Create positive, continuous improvement culture within the business, embedding and manging through the principals of ownership & accountability and reward and recognition.
- Delivery of service to ensure safeguarding and welfare are fully considered and embedded in processes. Delivery of contractual compliance and successful outcomes of all Key Performance Indicators, internal and commercial targets.
- Management of risks through effective planning and service delivery; escalating to senior management for action in a timely manner.
- Management and development of relationships with internal colleagues, third parties and external organisations to support service delivery and property procurement.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of a customer focused service to our service users ensuring a tailored approach to meet individual needs whilst being culturally aware and sensitive of circumstances
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the central service delivery centre to ensure client, customer and service users receive an exceptional service.
- Delivery of performance and service reporting as requested by line manager, escalating all risks and concerns to ensure full resolution
- Results and output driven to deliver contractual requirements
- Commitment to put the customer at the heart of the service to deliver a great user experience to a diverse client group
- Process driven candidates with great attention to detail and meticulous record keeping evidenced by maintaining accurate information on IT systems
- Continuous service improvement - this is a new contract and we need to be open to sharing best practice to ensure we have the right processes and resources in place
- Performance culture and collaborative working in order to effectively manage and escalate risk