• Have you been responsible for identifying, securing and managing properties that are primarily for clinical use?
• Have you got experience of managing a portfolio of properties to maximise financial returns?
• Do you have experience of negotiating, reviewing and maintaining lease contracts? If you feel that this is the next role for you, keep reading for further information about this exciting and important role. Our client is seeking an Estates and Facilities Manager who will be responsible for ensuring the estates related to Healthcare are maintained enabling the business to run as safely, efficiently and effectively as possible with both patients and staff in mind. This is a great opportunity to manage numerous sites maintaining lease contracts, and, ensuring excellent communications with NHS facilities and estates, which is essential for the smooth running of our business. The role As their Estates and Facilities Manager, through careful management you will ensure that their sites are maintained to the highest standards. You will be innovative in your approach to improve their sites in areas such as access, parking, toilet facilities and suitable clinical areas The Successful Candidate Will Have Experience In • Planning, commissioning and managing multiple projects, managing costs and timescales to complete projects on time,
• Managing property and facilities budgets, and providing monthly management reports on the condition of the estate
• Maintaining the profitability of sites
• Keeping maintenance records and ensuring that a timetable of ad-hoc and planned maintenance is kept, and followed through on
• Delivering a high quality, professional and robust safety and compliance management plan for the estate
• Negotiating lease arrangements and freehold contracts
• Working with Councils and land owners to keep up to date on developments or potential issues
• Engaging and managing contractors to deliver on projects
• Produce and analyse management information and providing innovative solutions for evolving/improving processes
• Take appropriate and timely action to control risks, escalate issues as required and promote positive Health and Safety behaviours to all stakeholders
• Play a lead role in the management and control of incidents (e.g. business continuity, environmental impact) owning timely and appropriate communication across customers and the business including appropriate escalation
• Demonstrating health & safety leadership behaviours to continually develop their Safety culture ensuring all their employees and those they serve go home safe every day
• Keep up to date with legislation and regulations that affect the estates
• This role works across all levels, and you will be expected to be hands on, and strategic in your approach. This means, you will be expected to perform the administration relating to the post necessary to support the tasks included What they are looking for: You will need to be both responsible and accountable, readily taking ownership of any problems which may arise with a willingness to work collaboratively to resolve them It is a busy environment, and as such you must be able to work quickly and calmly to a high standard on multiple projects - not to mention the occasional surprise issue! Excellent communication skills, written and oral. You will be writing reports for the Board, reviewing leases and negotiating maintenance contracts and leases with third parties You will have project management experience; to manage multiple projects across the sites ensuring that disruption to the business is kept to a minimum A mindset of continuous improvement and challenging the status quo. You should have the gravitas / confidence to present your ideas / recommendations to the Board, explaining the rationale for change / improvements Experience of financial management including budgeting and forecasting. Use experience, analysis and judgment to focus on what's important to deliver value to our business A desire to keep your skills up to date, in particular in current legislation in the area of facilities and property management Skills required include • At least 3 years managing facilities and estates in similar environment
• Qualifications In Health And Safety / Property Management
• A member of the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM/BIFM)
• Ability to effectively communicate clearly and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.