Mears Housing Management is a successful business within Mears Group PLC, having grown in 5 years to a nationally based management business with 12,000 homes and contracts with 50 Local Authorities and Central Government. We house many people in housing need who would otherwise be living in costly and inappropriate accommodation and as such we have a strong social pursue in everything we do. Our red thread runs through everything we do and we want people who share our values to help us continue to deliver customer focused services and innovatively push the boundaries of the sector. We empower our people to lead by example, taking ownership and responsibility to work to the best of their abilities and effectively collaborate with colleagues and partners to exceed the expectations of both clients and customers. We are proud of the services we provide and with ambitious plans to continue this rapid growth, we are looking for an Acquisitions Officer to join our Belfast team. This is a great opportunity within our Housing Management business, following the success of the Asylum Accommodation and Support Contract win.
The Acquisitions Team is responsible for acquiring properties for the portfolio to ensure we are able to meet Service User demand. As an Acquisitions Officer you will successfully source and negotiate the purchase of residential property from the market that meets the required standard to be purchased, at best price and within the budgets to deliver against contractual obligations.
You will be responsible for -
- Meet performance outcomes and targets on volume of properties purchased and average purchase price to satisfy the scheme requirements
- Ensure good quality properties are acquired that meet the relevant standards and have the relevant documentation before contracts are signed
- Minimise the time between offer accepted to exchange of contracts and assist with the coordinated works so properties are ready to let within agreed timescales
- Ensure timely completion of administrative tasks to ensure accurate property pipeline information is provided to Acquisitions Manager
- Ensure effective liaison and relationship building with agents, developers agencies and other potential sellers to maximise the property pipeline
- Ensure all records and IT data on systems remains updated with accurate information to meet contractual requirements.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and provide support and cover for colleagues and teams within Mears Housing Management
- Ensure full compliance with Mears code of conduct, contractual terms and group policies & procedures
At Mears, we recognise that our people are our greatest asset and as such we believe this is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional professional to make a real difference to customers, communities and the people they lead.
This role does come with a Company Car as it involves travelling around the Belfast Area. You must be a driver to be considered for this role What are we looking for?
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in property sales and lettings
- Proven track record of purchasing properties on behalf of a client to time and budget
- Excellent written and verbal communicating skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload to deadlines
- A 'can do' attitude
- Motivated, able to use own initiative
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence others
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of health and safety issues related to rented accommodation
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate landlord, tenant and housing law
- Builds positive relationships with external partners and agencies, leadership team and colleagues
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Anticipates conflict and handles it constructively
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of argument clearly
- Maintains a positive outlook at work
- Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
- Promotes teamwork and empowers, supports and thanks staff
- Listens, consults others and communicates pro-actively
- Demonstrates integrity and is respected by others
- Communicates clearly and fluently
- The ability to manage workloads and relationships effectively in accordance with the organisation's policies, procedures and standards
- Excellent organisational skills
Right Talent provides low cost recruitment solutions and acts as a Flat Fee Recruitment agency