Our client, a global leading player within the insurance field, is seeking a Senior Underwriter on a contract basis for the next 6 months and the role will be in Bristol.
The senior underwriter works with Account Management/Business Development colleagues to build, maintain and develop relationships with select brokers to optimise profitable growth.
The focus is to move the relationship with brokers from a trusted relationship to a trading partnership and secure profitable renewals and generate new business in line with strategy and within agreed processes and risk appetite.
You will apply a range of underwriting, and relationship management techniques to optimise sustainable profitable business growth.
You will spend the majority of your time working with brokers identifying, discussing, negotiating and seeking to convert new and existing business opportunities and making effective underwriting decisions.
Using your well-developed relationship management and communication skills you will establish effective business relationships with your select broker partners and manage the underwriting of a portfolio of accounts.
You will be respected internally and externally for your trading, relationship management, and technical skills.
You will hold a senior underwriting license which you will maintain and you will be responsible for coaching others and act as a referral point.
You will be the expert in your particular class of business, and meet governance and compliance standards within your area of expertise.
* Reviewing large, complex or specialist cases and delivering underwriting decisions within agreed timeframes, in order to secure profitable business within authority level and risk appetite
* Work with account managers to input into segment and local business development plans which identify existing and regular flow of new business opportunities
* Establishing an effective relationship with Account Management colleagues and others to have common goals and act as one team
* Actively managing and developing a portfolio of accounts to maximise profitable revenue potential from new and renewal business
* Supports Account Managers in identifying, prioritising, negotiating and winning of new Account relationships in line with strategy
* Accessing and applying all appropriate sources of information and insight in order to meet the needs of selected brokers and clients, whilst balancing business requirements
* Clearly and positively articulating proposition and risk appetite internally and externally
* Reviewing allocated existing business and following up on new business cases through working with Account Management colleagues
* Effectively negotiating and delivering underwriting decisions through following agreed processes at designated authority levels
* Developing a trusted, deep and long term relationship with colleagues and select brokers to generate, progress and close new, up selling and cross selling business opportunities
* Working with Account Managers and managing others to take responsibility for effectively and promptly resolving broker and/or client complaints to maintain quality and continuity of relationships
* Adhering to our regulatory framework at all times
* Support the Technical Underwriting and Pricing team to providing guidance to the production of new policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate
* Providing expert guidance and coaching to less qualified/experienced colleagues and support them in their license progression through the creation of development plans
* Contributing to the wider development of effective business strategies, priorities and market propositions, drawing on own knowledge, understanding and interpretation of local markets, competitors and Accounts
* Leading and/or contributing to technical audits and peer review processes as required to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment
* Leading or contributing to the development and monitoring of Account plans, gaining agreement to and implementing them in order to secure renewals and optimise profitable new business growth potential at individual account level
* Capturing and recording of data in timely and accurate fashion
* Experience underwriting commercial combined mono property and liability cases
* Experience in working cases of premiums between £15,000-£100,000
* Experience working across functions / matrix organisation to collaborate and build strong relationships
* Proven record of successfully trading in the insurance marketplace
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business